Saturday, August 7, 2010

To the Biggest Lil City...

Well I must say dear Reno it has been fun.

I am leaving you for now. I have to move back to the southern part of the state. I hate to break our love affair off but sadly like everything in my life this must end. I truly do love you.

I love your weather. I love how I can be cold at 8 in the morning in August. It is the best runs I have ever had. Also there is something about the air in the mornings here. It is refreshing. I will miss my skin not feeling like it is going to burn off when I walk outside. Or how I have to wear a sweatshirt at night, trust me it has not really been hot August nights, hahhah!

I love getting stuck in the snow in my 4-runner, that only has 2 wheel drive. Shit I could not get up my drive way in it. I will miss building snow forts and snow people in your beautiful snow. I will miss the Oranges, Reds and Yellows of your autumn, I will miss the chill in the air knowing that summer has ended and the crunching of the leaves when I walk on your beautiful campus.

And Tahoe, ugh well ugh. There are millions of words to describe you. I have a million and one, here are a few. I have seen beaches and rolling hills, but really there is nothing that can compare to the colors you share with the world. It has jaded me just a bit, I think the only thing that could ever compare is the Rainforest in Hawaii.

My friends I love you as well. You know that already...

So Reno, I shall miss you a lot. I hate Vegas, but it is what it is. I will make the most of it, and well damn, shit, and hell, I guess I have to kick your ass Vegas. It has it's fine points and I do have a secret thrill every time I fly home, but I will never live there. I will never be a Vegas person again. I really just hate it. I love what Vegas was, you have to have some love for your home town, and my home town is not what it was. This will end for sure, I know it, and Then who knows where I will go. It will be far away, and well time will not be spent like people would like to think.

When this is over I will be far away and you will never see me, I guarantee that. This is a mistake for you Vegas, if people think London is far... There are even farther places I can promise that, I will go farther than anyone can think, and I may not come back.

So for now I am raising a glass to Reno, and giving the finger to Las Vegas, and to all who think it is better... You know who you are.

From dirt comes flowers. Pretty ones

No comments: