Monday, June 23, 2008

Really People

I wish I could understand why people feel the need to be so mean to baristas.  We are just there to help you and make you coffee.  I am sorry the coffee did not taste as good as the last time.  We can make it over for you.  Just tell us in a polite manner, and gladly we will.  Really the nicer you are to us the nicer we are to you.  

A lady was getting mad at me today because she did the card register thing and thought when she refilled her card she would be getting a free drink.  No this free drink is only when one registers their card.  Not refill it with money.  It is not my job to give you a free drink, but I still did and politely told her for future the free drink is not part of the refilling of the card.  "I get a free drink I get a free drink I get a free drink" is all she kept saying all through the time I am trying to tell her about the great details of the card registration thing. OYE!

Then another man comes in and tells us how Reno is an armpit.  "Where are you from?"  We ask.  Salt Lake City he tells us.  PFSHT, I have been there I would say they are about the same, except the weather in Reno is a little better.  Both places have pretty mountains.  Both places have some museums, and both places have many things to offer.  Not one is better than the other.  Both have their Arm Pit qualities, just like any city.  He said Salt Lake is better than Reno which really got me.  Oh well.  Really though we live here so probably not smart bud!

On another note, I am almost done with the shall of doom.  This thing will haunt me for ever, but Damn I will finish it.  I want to rip out the jitterbug socks.  I am just not as happy as I thought I was.  I can make a better pattern I know I can, I am better this way and also these socks will so much better anyways!  OHHHHH and I joined ravelry today!!!!! woot!!!

On a sad note, no more George Carlin.  Damn, one funny man.  This pissy ass world needs the funny men in them, and when we lose them it just seems sadder than when we lose a news anchor.  Thanks for all the laughs George, you shall be missed.  

I guess I am writing a song today because there are just notes I am playing them.  The bean crew is going to be painting pottery today.  I am the worst painter in the world so if anything this should be entertaining:).  I cannot wait to get us all together and see how we all say and react! It is a different bunch of people but we are all super fun to see and be! 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yeah, some people are just miserable and mean, well I always think to myself they'll just up lonely in the old people's home, cause nobody will come and visit them, what comes around goes around. Jimmy Bean's - wow, I got them saved in my favorites I love the scarf to throw patterns, will make them one day I hope. Look forward to seeing your pattern.